KHTQ Rock 94 ½ (Affiliate of Queen B Radio)
Online ETW Rules
Full Metal Bracket 2021
1. Bracket Timeline:
• Bracket Picks Start: March 14, 2021 (at the conclusion of Selection Sunday)
• Bracket Picks Close: 9:00am on March 19, 2021
The contest begins March 8th, 2021 and ends April 5, 2021.
Bracket Creation/Entry: Listeners are invited to enter online through the Rock 94 ½ website (http://rock945.com) by completing the bracket with their winner predictions for all match-ups in each round (Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, Round 4, Semi-Finals, and Finals). Contestants must also enter their guess for the total combined final match score (winning team points + losing team points). In the event of a tie, the closest guess to the total final score will determine the winner. If there is still a tie, it will go to most correct picks of the tournament games. If there is still a tie, the winner will be picked from a random drawing. Contestants must have their bracket complete AND submitted by 9:00am on March 19, 2021 to be eligible for the prize at the end of the contest period. After each round of games is played, brackets will update to the overall standings leaderboard. Contestants will earn points for each correct pick, with a multiplier for successive rounds (Round 2 – 1 point per correct pick, Round 3 – 2 points per correct pick, Round 4 – 4 points per correct pick, Round 5 – 8 points per correct pick, Round 6 – 16 points per correct pick, Round 7 – 32 points per correct pick). Additional bracket entry information:
- The objective of the Full Metal Bracket is to accumulate the highest score by correctly predicting and selecting the “winner” (the “Pick”) for each of the match-ups in each round.
- All picks must be submitted, received, and recorded by the scheduled lock time (9:00am on March 19, 2021).
- In the event that a contest match-up does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation, postponement, etc.) it shall be up to KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio to determine if and how to award a score.
- All entries become the property of KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio, and none will be returned.
- A “Perfect” Bracket this year will score $10,000 through www.wemonetize.com – Specific rules for “Perfect” Brackets found within the contest.
Winner Selection: At the end of the contest period, the contestant with the highest bracket score will be the winner. If there is a tie, the closest guess to the total final score will determine the winner. If there is still a tie, it will go to most correct picks of the tournament games. If there is still a tie, the winner will be picked from a random drawing. One winner will be chosen from the entries received. Winner will receive a $750 Gift Card. This prize is valued at approximately $750. All entries must be received by 9:00am on March 19, 2021. The winner selection will take place at KXLY Broadcast Group (500 W. Boone Ave., Spokane, WA 99201) on or around April 6, 2021 following the conclusion of the contest period. Winner does not need to be present at the time of the drawing to win. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries. Disclaimer:
• An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until the potential winner has been verified by KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio, and KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio has/have notified the potential winner that verification is complete. All results are unofficial until verified by KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio. Even if an entry is shown on the Contest website as a leader or winner, the entry has not yet won until verification is complete. Any Participant(s) who select(s) a valid perfect bracket (the correct selection of all 63 matchups) prior to the start of tournament (start date varies each year), will receive $10,000. Payment will be in two equal dispersements of $5,000 US Dollars by Certified Check. The first payment will be within 60 days of receiving valid user ID forms (detailed in the winner information section below). The second payment will be dispersed 6 months from the first payment. Multiple users with valid perfect brackets will split the prize.
2. Contestants must fully complete the entry form in order to be considered a finalist. Contestants are responsible for providing true, accurate, current, and complete contact information (i.e. phone number, email address, etc.) at time of contest entry. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email. In the event that the winner does not respond to contact by the deadline set by KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio Staff, the prize will be forfeited. KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected phone calls, voicemails, and/or emails during attempts to contact winner. Winner must provide full name, date of birth, valid address, and valid phone number in order to collect prize(s). No mechanically or mass produced entries will be accepted. KHTQ Rock 94 ½, Queen B Radio, and affiliated sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. KHTQ Rock 94 ½, Queen B Radio, and affiliated sponsors are not responsible for cheating or fraud by contestants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the contest, or to defraud KHTQ Rock 94 ½, Queen B Radio, and/or affiliated sponsors in any way, may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Contestants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
3. Employees, interns, and independent contractors of KHTQ Rock 94 ½, the KXLY Broadcast Group, affiliated sponsors, and employee affiliates, and their immediate families and significant others or employees of participating trades are not eligible to enter or participate in the use or enjoyment of any prize.
4. Selected winners must be at least 18 years of age and must be US citizens. Winners must reside within the designated market. All entrants must be a legal resident of the state of Washington, Idaho, Oregon, or Montana. If the winning entrant is found to live outside the specific region they will subsequently be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen. Only one winner per household during the contest period, at the discretion of KHTQ Rock 94 ½/Queen B Radio Staff. Non-compliance with rules may result in disqualification.
5. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitution of prizes will be permitted. If winner forfeits prize for any reason, KHTQ Rock 94 ½ is not obligated to award the prize to another winner.
6. KHTQ Rock 94 ½, Queen B Radio, and affiliated sponsors are not liable for the failure of any third-party prizes. KHTQ Rock 94 ½ (an affiliate of Queen B Radio) also reserves the right to not award prizes to contestants who have, in the sole judgment of KHTQ Rock 94 ½, failed to comply with terms of any contests run by KHTQ Rock 94 ½.
7. Winner is responsible for all local, state, and federal applicable taxes, meals, all gratuities and incidental expenses arising from this contest.
8. By participating in this contest, contestants grant KHTQ Rock 94 ½ permission and the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestant’s name, character, likeness, voice, and fact that he/she has participated in or won a KHTQ Rock 94 ½ contest without any additional compensation.
9. Decisions of KHTQ Rock 94 ½ judges are final.
10. By accepting any prize, winner releases KHTQ Rock 94 ½, Queen B Radio, and the KXLY Broadcast Group from any and all liabilities associated with said prize.
11. By participating in this contest, each entrant unconditionally agrees to abide by these rules. KHTQ Rock 94 ½ reserves the right to change the rules or discontinue the contest at any time without notice.
12. Non time-sensitive prizes (i.e. CDs, clothing, etc.) must be picked up from KXLY Broadcast Group (500 W. Boone Ave., Spokane, WA 99201) within 90 days of contest end date. All prizes not picked up 90 days after contest end date may be forfeited.